الموضوع: The Search For The Truth
عرض مشاركة واحدة
قديم 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
الصورة الرمزية الطامعة في رضا ربها
الطامعة في رضا ربها الطامعة في رضا ربها غير متواجد حالياً
( إِنَّ مَعِيَ رَبِّي سَيَهْدِينِ )

Icon15 A Different Religion? &Interest Arises

A Different Religion?

"My father owned a large area of fertile land. One day, while busy with his construction, he told me to go to his land and fulfill some chores he desired. On my way to his land, I came across a Christian church. I heard the sound of people praying inside. I did not know how people lived outside, for my father kept me confined to his house! So when I came across those people [of the church] and I heard their voices, I went inside to watch what they were doing."

Interest Arises

"When I saw them, I liked their prayers and became interested in their matter
[i.e., religion]. I said [to myself], 'By Allah, this religion is better than that of ours.'"
Salman kept an open mind, free from blind imitation.
"By Allah, I did not leave them until sunset. I did not go to my father's Land."
Salman gave himself the time to contemplate this religion which he, at that point, thought was the correct belief. A perceptive and kind heart charged with patience are virtues which are necessary to free oneself from being confined to a though such as,
"O well! I will try to find out, but I'm too busy now," etc. Death may knock at the door sooner than one may hope.
"I asked [i.e., the people of the church].'From where did this religion originate?'"
Seeking the 'origin' is a guide for those in search of the true religion. The 'origin' and 'essence' are essential terms that help in the search process. What is the 'origin' of Islam and what is its essence? Islam came from Allah, the Creator, the True God, and its essence is submission to Him.
"They said, 'In ash-Shaam.'4 I returned to my father who had become worried and sent [someone] after me. Upon my arrival, he said, 'O son! Where have you been? Didn't I entrust you with an assignment?' I said, 'O my father, I came across some people praying in their church and I liked their religion. By Allah I stayed with them until sunset.' "
This is amazing honest shown by a person who know well his father's commitment to his religion. This is the kind of openness which one who is in search for the truth must have.

---------------------------------------------

4Ash-Shaam: The Levant. It encompasses the areas known today as Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, and Jordan.
التوقيع

رسالتي في الحياة :

سأطوّر نفسي باستمرار
من أجل خدمة الإسلام والمسلمين
وسأسخّر التقنية في مجال دعوة الآخرين

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة الطامعة في رضا ربها ; 06-15-2009 الساعة 08:05 PM
رد مع اقتباس