الموضوع: Why not cover your modesty
عرض مشاركة واحدة
قديم 08-26-2010, 09:12 PM
الصورة الرمزية الطامعة في رضا ربها
الطامعة في رضا ربها الطامعة في رضا ربها غير متواجد حالياً
( إِنَّ مَعِيَ رَبِّي سَيَهْدِينِ )

Arrow

A practical example

Suppose that we purchase a new computer, and suppose that we want to inquire about the best method of operation, order the operational manual, and ask for technical advice in case of damage. Whom should we consult then? Should we consult a car washer or the computer manufacturer?
The creator and "manufacturer" of man is our Lord Guardian. Therefore it is only natural that He knows best about what is good and what is bad for mankind. Any submission to or seeking judgment from any source except Allah, is a form of stupidity. Is it not stupid to submit to commands, rulings, or even advice of the ignorant exposes himself to total loss.
Unfortunately, this is what is happening to us-Muslims, for we are seeking the answers to our problems from sources that do not posses it. Adding insult to injury, we do not even try to understand the meaning of the word "Islam"! Islam means unconditional submission to the commands and prohibitions of Allah, the All-High and Almighty.
Don't fall into contradictions, O' virtuous sister

When you advise our sisters to cover up their modesty, a typical reply would be: I am a good Muslim and believer; I strictly observe the timing of the ordained prayers, I perform many Nafl (optional) prayers, I fast Ramadan, I have performed the ordained Hajj and more than one 'Umrah, and I pay Zakah on a monthly basis. However, I am not convinced that I have to cover up.

To this sister we say

If you are performing these great deeds out of reverence and submission to the commands of Allah, the All-High and Almighty, and out of fear of His wrath and punishment, then why are you exercising partial belief? A partial belief is believing in part of the Holy Book and denouncing another parrot of it. Belief is an indivisible issue, if you reject any part of the Holy book then you are rejecting the whole Book. Allah, the Exalted, reprimanded the children of Israel for their partial obedience to His orders. He the All-High said:
(...أَفَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِبَعْضِ الْكِتَابِ وَتَكْفُرُونَ بِبَعْضٍ فَمَا جَزَاءُ مَنْ يَفْعَلُ ذَلِكَ مِنْكُمْ إِلَّا خِزْيٌ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَيَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ يُرَدُّونَ إِلَى أَشَدِّ الْعَذَابِ وَمَا اللَّهُ بِغَافِلٍ عَمَّا تَعْمَلُونَ )
سورة البقرة 85:2
(Then is it only a part of the Book that ye believe in , and do you reject the rest? But what is the reward for those among you who behave like this but disgrace in this life? And on the day of Judgment they shall be consigned to the most grievous chastisement for Allah isn't unmindful of what ye do.) "Qur'an 2:85"
The ordained prayers that you are so careful to observe in their proper timing are commanded by Allah, so is the command to cover up one's modesty.
وَقُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ وَلا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَائِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَائِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي أَخَوَاتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَائِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُنَّ أَوِ التَّابِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُوْلِي الإِرْبَةِ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ أَوِ الطِّفْلِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا عَلَى عَوْرَاتِ النِّسَاءِ وَلا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِنْ زِينَتِهِنَّ وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ)
سورة النور 31:24
(And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what [ordinarily] appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands posses, or male attendants free of sexual desires, or small children who have no carnal knowledge of women; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O' you believers! Turn you all together towards Allah in repentance that you may be successful.) Qur'an 24:31

From this verse we know that this order is as clear as any other divine order. Refusing to obey it, will jeopardize the person to Allah's wrath and His punishment as mentioned is Soorah al-Baqarah, verse 85 above. If we keep in mind that the least penalty in Hell is described by the Prophet (Blessings and peace be upon him) in the true hadith:
إن أهون أهل النار عذاباً يوم القيامة رجل على أخمص قدميه جمرتان يغلي منهما دماغه كما يغلي المرجل في القمقم
" On Judgment Day, the least tormented of the people of Hell is man who has at the bottom of his feet two embers from which his brain boils the likes of the boiling of a bottle inside a caldron." Bukhari, vol. 11,p.367, Kita bar-Raqaq
If this is the case for the Least Tormented, so imagine the condition of those whom Allah is threatening with "the most grievous penalty" because they reject part of the book.

Dearest sister…

Are you willing to exchange the bounties of the Hereafter with clothing styles and showiness of this life? Are you willing to endure, or think that you are capable of bearing the burden of the eternal "most grievous penalty" for a few moments of egoistic satisfaction? Even a lifetime of earthly enjoyment will only be a passing moment compared to eternity. We only wish you the best of the best in this life and the hereafter. That is why we ask you urge you, and beg you to wigh logically the odds of these choices.

to be continued ensha'Allah
التوقيع

رسالتي في الحياة :

سأطوّر نفسي باستمرار
من أجل خدمة الإسلام والمسلمين
وسأسخّر التقنية في مجال دعوة الآخرين

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة الطامعة في رضا ربها ; 08-26-2010 الساعة 09:15 PM سبب آخر: cont'd
رد مع اقتباس